Commercial Property Manager
Come join the team at 1045! We are a national commercial real estate platform designed to align resources and maximize values. Our devoted team of experts are committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations. Our expansive footprint allows us to work in every market across the United States. Our property management, accounting, leasing and consulting teams are passionate about their work and go above and beyond to deliver industry leading solutions for our clients.
Summary: A commercial/retail Property Manager who will work directly with the Asset Managers and/or Property Managers and help support all aspects of managing commercial/retail property needs. This position will require travel but will mainly be based in Florida, specifically Orlando, Tampa and Fort Lauderdale.
- Oversees the fiscal management of the properties within the region in accordance with NOI objectives, including operating expense control, and reduction of A/R accounts receivable balances, increasing property income and and improving occupancy rates.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual budgets and financial reporting in accordance with the Management Agreement
- Manages operational issues such as tenant move-ins and move-outs, collections, etc.
- Manages the properties’ physical performance (i.e., inspections, maintenance, signage approval, etc) and ensures the general safety of all centers
- Responsible for managing relations with tenants and vendors (i.e. addresses and follows up with tenant complaints via inspections, phone, correspondence and email and monitors vendors)
- Works closely with Corporate administrative support staff to ensure that property and fiscal goals, accounting accuracy and customer service are optimized
- Coordinate lease contracts, provide information to Leasing Administration and complete necessary paperwork
- Work closely with the leasing team to fill vacancies
- Positive communication between tenants and management to ensure retention.
- Oversee all operational aspects of maintaining the property, including landscaping, painting, electrical, plumbing and life safety systems
- Inspect the property on a regular basis and make recommendations to the owners for repairs and upgrades to avoid liability and in accordance with best practices
- Monitoring of all utilities; tracking of insurance certificates
- Maintain preventative maintenance procedures and ensure compliance by tenants
- Approve vendor invoices and prepare yearly budgets
- Coordinate timely and accurate tenant reporting with the accounting department
- Preparing scopes of work, putting jobs out to bid, receiving proposals, analysis, and submitting bid packages for approval
- Review delinquencies and send collection and default notices as required by lease
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate management, finance or business administration or equivalent work experience in industry. Real Estate license and/or industry certifications a plus
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both verbally and in writing
- Superior quantitative, analytical, sales, and negotiating skills are required along with a strong attention to detail
- Must possess a proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be highly trustworthy and able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Qualified candidates must possess exemplary leadership skills and be highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision in a multi-task, dynamic, team environment
- Qualified candidates must possess exemplary character traits and business ethics and be highly motivated to work with minimum supervision in a multi-task, dynamic, team environment
- Must possess strong problem-solving and time-management skills